Monday, August 31, 2009

Redskins Report

Nick had his last final trip of the summer. I estimate he has been gone for approximately 25% of the summer and I can't help but feel that this has meant the summer has gone buy 25% quicker. Nonetheless, he is back home and boy am I glad.

Nick flew back into DC at 3 PM and as soon as he met up with me, we ran off to catch our first redskins game last weekend. DATE NIGHT. Nick thinks it's hilarious I pick such masculine things to do with our free time. But, I guess that's what happens when you marry a tom boy like myself.

pics removed

At first it looked like we had picked the worst game to go to. First Nick was on Netherlands time which meant that at the time the game started it felt like 2 AM to him. On our way there, the traffic was horrific being Friday night rush hour and it was POURING rain. We were lucky in that is stopped pouring in time for us to walk to the stadium from our parking. It was clear the rest of the night!


I had done a little homework and before going to the Redskins game I watched Comcast SportsNet to get the low down. I think we got the best of the two home pre-season games. The first couple pre-season games are about weeding people out. By the 3rd pre-season game (our game), they have cut a lot of people and it is more like the dress rehearsal for the season. We were happy to see that seemed to be the case. Both teams had their starters out there for the entire first half of the game and we were able to see what the teams were able to do. I think it gave us a good gauge of what is to come.

The sport casters mentioned that the last pre-season game is going to be for final cuts and there shouldn't be many starters out on the field for that game for risk of injury. They will want to make sure their players are rested and ready for the season. I'm not expecting much from the Jacksonville game. So, we scored the best pre-season game by far if what they said is true. Thankfully, Nick endured at least 3 quarters before we called it quits. Final score was 27/24 Redskins. Let's hope it's a good season!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home