Friday, April 9, 2010

Tilling Accidents

Above are some of the grape hyacinths (Muscari) that I planted in late October. Unfortunately, they look tortured because Nick tilled over them this Spring when we were trying to clear the beds for some foundation planting later this month. I tried to save what I could but they aren't what they were. I think my friend Ali can sympathize. Such is life... or well intentioned men, lol. :)

Don't get me wrong. I may seem to have been hard on Nick the last week, criticizing his questionable choices in TV shows while the children are awake and his giving away my European chocolate bars to his co-worker. Truth is, the good so far outweighs the negative, it's unbelievable. If I didn't have something to pick on, he wouldn't be real. Yeah, I've got it good.

Anyway, it's hard to believe but it's mowing time again. I spent an hour doing the push mover on the steeper sections of lawn and the more tedious sections around the house this morning. Now it's Nick's turn to finish with the rider. I think I totally get the better half of that deal. Riders are just so boring. At least I get some exercise with the pusher.

Dogwood in bloom.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Aliceson said...

Your grape hyacinths do look a little worse for wear but they'll come back next year. This is the kind of stuff that happens when we ask the men do help us in the garden. They like to drag out the power tools and go nuts even if it is at the expense of flower bulbs and Brussels sprouts. Gotta love them for trying though!

Hey Nick, keep your eyes on where you're going with that rider. That photo makes me nervous. :)

April 9, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home