Skip to main content

FRESH Peach/Apple/Pear Crisp

We are just past peek for peaches here and I finally got off my but to make hubby and the kids some seaonal peach crisp.  I know I posted my MIL's recipe for peach cobbler a while ago here.  While it can be used with fresh fruit, it really shines when using frozen or canned fruit.  That is exactly what I needed when I was dealing with morning sickness and first trimester fatigue... something easy, delicious and comforting.

Now that I'm feeling a little better and have a little more energy, I thought I'd share my go-to recipe for fresh fruit crisp/cobbler.  It is less sweet than my MIL's version which allows the fresh fruit flavor to come through stronger which I love.  It is also a lot healthier.  It is a very simple recipe requiring just a tad bit more effort.  I use the same recipe for apples or pears in the fall.  The only addtion I add to the apple/pear version is cinnamon.  It's a good base recipe that you can add your own flare too.

Yummy Peach Crisp

Fresh Fruit Crisp

Topping
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup flour (I prefer whole wheat, it does not overwhelm the crisp)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 stick margarine or butter, softened

FruitFilling
6 cups fresh fruit
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tb. of water
(1 tsp. cinnamon for the apple version)

Heat oven to 375.  Combine the Topping ingredients.  Peel and slice the fruit if needed.  Place the fruit in a Pam sprayed 11x13 pan.  Throw in the  fruit.  Drizzle the lemon juice and water over of the fruit.  Sprinkle the topping over top.  Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until the fruit is tender.

Comments

Aliceson said…
That' show I make mine too. Yumm!

The cobbler recipe I found online. Here's the link... similar to the one you posted except I poured the batter out on top of the melted butter in the pan. I was skeptical, but it worked!
Aliceson said…
Oops, forgot to paste that link. Sorry.
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/southern-peach-cobbler-2/Detail.aspx
sheila said…
Oh YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Gives me a nice fall feeling!

Popular posts from this blog

Pixel Scrapper June Challenge - Yesteryear Mini Kit

I had so much fun making the artwork for this one.  I started with some papers, then made some old things, then went back to making papers again.  The colors were beautiful and muted for this challenge.  I hope you like them.  Enjoy!  :)
You can find the papers here and the elements here.

Low Fat, Vegan, Spicy Senegalese Peanut Soup

I had the most amazing vegan soup at Revolutionary Soup the other week.  I haven't stopped thinking about how delicious it was... and that was two weeks ago.  I wondered if I could come up with something similar on my own.  I scoured the web and found some delicious looking recipes but none of them were quite right.  I ended up having to play around quite a bit.

While experimenting, I tried versions with lite coconut milk.  I figured if it worked, I'd then work on finding a lower fat alternative but it really didn't add much at all to the dish.  I ended up omitting it all together.  By contrast, the curry powder was absolutely critical.  It added incredible depth to the soup.  I used Tandoori seasoning (my favorite curry powder blend by Penzey's).

I was able to reduce the fat in this dish quite a bit by using PB2 in lieu of full fat peanut butter.  Powdered peanut butter has all of the flavor of peanut butter but 85% less fat.  You can find it at the link I provided or…

Scrapbooking THAILAND Freebie!

After years of neglect on this blog, I'm reemerging so I can share one of my passions: scrapbooking.  I've been doing scrapbooking for over 15 years.  I started out scrapbooking on paper but I have transitioned over to completely digital scrapbooking in the last 7 or so years.

Most of the time I just use whatever freebies I can find but I wasn't able to find a lot of scrapbooking elements and papers to properly document my Thailand travels so I decided to create my own.  Thailand is a very vibrant country and I went with very saturated colors to reflect that.

I hope you are able to enjoy this freebie.   Please feel free to leave me a link to what you create with it!  You can download this kit for personal use only here at dropbox.

!  
Also, here is a link to a new collab project I'm working on with Pixel Scrapper!  You can download the elements/papers individually here.