Anyway, while we were at the farmer's stand, we noticed a white squash we were unfamiliar with. I asked the lady what they were called and how to make them. She told me they were pattypan squash and they cooked up just like zucchini. Well, that sounded easy enough so I picked up three of them and thought I'd give it a try.
I found a recipe on the internet here.
- 3 medium Squash, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 dash Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Minced Onion
- 4 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (unless using microwave.)
- Spray 1 1/2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Cover bottom with squash.
- Dot squash with butter.
- Season with salt, paprika and onion.
- Cover squash with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Pour milk on top.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until squash is tender or microwave on High Power for 5-6 minutes; stirring occasionally.
Simple Scallop Squash Recipe
This recipe got a thumbs up from Nick and I... and GreenEyes too. Ladybug didn't feel like experimenting today so she didn't eat so much as a bite. If she had, I'm sure she'd have loved them. I will be stopping by that stand next week for sure. I never thought squash could taste so good!!!
Nick tells me, as I write this, that we should invent a Swiffer that attaches to a baby so our floors will clean themselves as GreenEyes crawls around. He is speedy and crawling forward like nobody's business these days.