Saturday, January 10, 2009

On The Chesapeake

We spent some time on the Chesapeake this weekend to visit my aunt. She was diagnosed with breast cancer just before Christmas and we thought we'd stop by and enjoy some good company. She is doing well and is in great spirits. She will overcome. As she said, she has a good 30 years left in her.

My Great Aunt Joyce came over and cooked us a huge family meal in my mother's family tradition. It was like Christmas/Thanksgiving all over again only better.


Above and below: pics of us and the kids on my aunt's property. They are my greatest blessing from God. What a beautiful day too. It was a wonderful 60 degrees.


On the way home, we stopped by some seafood shack for some fresh oysters. We intend to fry them tomorrow. They aren't on the healthy food menu, but they were just canned yesterday and we couldn't help but partake of the fresh local delicacy.We had some political content here but removed it because this is a family blog.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Aliceson said...

Fantastic and very well said. I didn't mean to cause such a stir, but I am very grateful for the feedback. That's what I wanted all along; other parents' opinions on religion in public schools.

Thank you.

January 11, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home