Skip to main content

Presidents' Day Pancakes

After watching the "nanerpus" commercial repeatedly over the course of the last two days Nick had a hankering for what- do-ya-know, "all you can eat" pancakes. So, we celebrated this glorious day with a big stack of pancakes and turkey sausage. Of course I made them my way (the healthy way) but Nick didn't mind. He loves these bad boys.

Whole Wheat Pancakes:
1 c. Whole Wheat Flour
2 c. Quick Oats
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c. skim milk
1 c. applesauce (optional)
3 tsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. flax seed meal (optional)
water as required to make the desired consistency

Sometimes I add a couple cups of water to thin them out a bit, especially if I make it the night before and all the oats to absorb the water. This will result in a different texture to your pancake but we like them both ways. You can also had a couple tablespoons to a quarter cup of flax seed meal to make them all the more heart healthy. You won't taste the difference, but your heart will love you for it.



Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 17
  • Amount Per Serving: 1 pancake
  • Calories: 81.4
  • Total Fat: 1.7 g
  • Cholesterol: 25.4 mg
  • Sodium: 215.5 mg
  • Total Carbs: 13.9 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
  • Protein: 3.9

Comments

Aliceson said…
We are a pancake family too. Jesse and the girls eat pancakes on the nights I go to the farm. I've never tried this recipe though, looks yummy and healthy.
melodyofamom said…
Thanks for the recipe! I have been making delicious whole wheat muffins lately and these have really similar ingredients.

Popular posts from this blog

Below is August's Blog Hop.  Enjoy!  You can find it here.



Pixel Scrapper July 2017 Blog Train

This was a lot of fun!  Most of my artist endeavors have fallen to the wayside now that the kids are out for summer.  I was able to squeeze out a little time for myself.  I needed a few backgrounds to scrapbook our trip to Florida this year, so I created the backgrounds and elements below.  Enjoy!
You can find the files HERE.


Low Fat, Vegan, Spicy Senegalese Peanut Soup

I had the most amazing vegan soup at Revolutionary Soup the other week.  I haven't stopped thinking about how delicious it was... and that was two weeks ago.  I wondered if I could come up with something similar on my own.  I scoured the web and found some delicious looking recipes but none of them were quite right.  I ended up having to play around quite a bit.

While experimenting, I tried versions with lite coconut milk.  I figured if it worked, I'd then work on finding a lower fat alternative but it really didn't add much at all to the dish.  I ended up omitting it all together.  By contrast, the curry powder was absolutely critical.  It added incredible depth to the soup.  I used Tandoori seasoning (my favorite curry powder blend by Penzey's).

I was able to reduce the fat in this dish quite a bit by using PB2 in lieu of full fat peanut butter.  Powdered peanut butter has all of the flavor of peanut butter but 85% less fat.  You can find it at the link I provided or…