Skip to main content

Potty Power

First, I apologize for the boring nature of this post, but I am enthused mom and can't help myself.

I am very pleased to announce that GreenEyes has made it 3 days without diapers (with the exception of course to sleeping hours)!!! After several weeks of repeated Potty Power DVD watching, he started showing some initiative (i.e. ripping off his diaper and sitting on the potty on his own). The timing wasn't ideal but I realized he was ready.

The worst part about potty training is that ever-elusive initial pee on the potty. The waiting can be excruciating. I waited a good hour and half next to GreenEyes in the bathroom, singing, reading books, singing some more... Finally, he couldn't hold it anymore and had to go. He started to squirm and squeal. But we held steady, I assured him it'd be OK... then.... Success!

Once you get that initial pee, it's get easier from there. Sure, there was a lot more waiting in store, but nothing like the first time. Nothing can be accomplished on a day like that, so Nick came home to a sink full of dishes and a messy house. He didn't care though, because he was off the hook for training. I had to constantly remind Green Eyes that first day and watch him like a hawk, so though successful, it was only the first step. By the end of the day he was taking initiative on his own. Unlike Ladybug, he didn't even care about number two so I didn't have to do separate training for that. He just did it on his own!

On day two, I let him take the lead and I didn't remind him so we had two accidents from the get-go. I even questioned whether he was ready or not because he wasn't at all into it that morning. But with some gentle coaxing, he took initiative the rest of the day and we had no more accidents. I even put a diaper on him for his nap and when he woke up, he took it off immediately. It was dry and he had waited to go! He ran right for the potty upon waking.

By day three, today, he woke up ready to go. I have not reminded him at all and he has had no accidents. I still don't want to say we are done with diapers just yet but I'm hopeful. Our next step will be going somewhere and having him use the potty on the road and the big potty at the store. Still, this is a huge success!! :) Way to go GreenEyes for graduating to big boy status!!

Comments

Mrsblocko said…
Way to go on the potty power! That's a huge milestone. Congrats to you and the little guy.

Popular posts from this blog

Below is August's Blog Hop.  Enjoy!  You can find it here.



Pixel Scrapper July 2017 Blog Train

This was a lot of fun!  Most of my artist endeavors have fallen to the wayside now that the kids are out for summer.  I was able to squeeze out a little time for myself.  I needed a few backgrounds to scrapbook our trip to Florida this year, so I created the backgrounds and elements below.  Enjoy!
You can find the files HERE.


Low Fat, Vegan, Spicy Senegalese Peanut Soup

I had the most amazing vegan soup at Revolutionary Soup the other week.  I haven't stopped thinking about how delicious it was... and that was two weeks ago.  I wondered if I could come up with something similar on my own.  I scoured the web and found some delicious looking recipes but none of them were quite right.  I ended up having to play around quite a bit.

While experimenting, I tried versions with lite coconut milk.  I figured if it worked, I'd then work on finding a lower fat alternative but it really didn't add much at all to the dish.  I ended up omitting it all together.  By contrast, the curry powder was absolutely critical.  It added incredible depth to the soup.  I used Tandoori seasoning (my favorite curry powder blend by Penzey's).

I was able to reduce the fat in this dish quite a bit by using PB2 in lieu of full fat peanut butter.  Powdered peanut butter has all of the flavor of peanut butter but 85% less fat.  You can find it at the link I provided or…