Thursday, February 9, 2012

Healthier Vegan Brownies

I have a killer sweet tooth.  I could eat chocolate for every meal.  I envision heaven to be an everlasting cornucopia of chocolate.

I was so happy to find something that's delicious and chocolaty and still fits the new plan.  Like most of the new recipes I've been trying, it's a a Happy Herbivore one.  You can find the recipe here:

http://happyherbivore.com/2009/05/vegan-blackbean-brownies/



At first, I kinda didn't like the banana flavor but I have grown to love these.  Like, really love them!  As with any lifestyle change, it took some time for my taste-buds to come around.  But they have and wow, these are amazing!

I have two of these for breakfast sometimes with a side of fruit in lieu of a donut.

Nutrition Facts (1 serving = 1/9th of pan)
I used the extra 1/4 cup sugar in the form of xylitol and subbed maple syrup for the agave.
    Calories 150.6
  Total Fat 1.0 g
     Saturated Fat 0.3 g
     Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g
     Monounsaturated Fat 0.2 g
  Cholesterol 0.0 mg
  Sodium 6.5 mg
  Potassium 296.7 mg
  Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
     Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
     Sugars 19.4 g
  Protein 3.4 g

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home