Sunday, January 11, 2009

Crazy Hill Work

There is a price we pay for all the beautiful scenery around here. Tough, make-you-want-to-quit hills . They have a half marathon/marathon here but it is one of the toughest in the nation. At this point in my life, I'm not ready for it. Instead, I've opted for the flattest. Hee hee. Once we complete this one we will consider doing the local one as well.

Regardless, we have to train on these insane hills because flat terrain doesn't exist here except on the highways. There is no such thing as an "easy" run. We did our 7 miler today. It was pretty tough. Below is the elevation profile. Keep in mind that this is one of the "flatter" courses in our area and those small hills are decent hills in and of themselves. You'll need to click on it to see the elevation changes closely.

You (maybe not all of you) have no idea how hard it is pushing an extra 50 pounds of kid and stroller weight up the hills. Nick pushes the kids on the long run days. I barely got it done today without the kids to push so I have to give him credit. I had to push the kids on the shorter Wednesday run and I thought I was going to die.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home