Thursday, February 19, 2009

Disturbing Coupon Trends

I've had to adjust to this no more coupons in the paper thing. Luckily, there is a lot out there on the internet. So, last night I went printing away in preparation for going out today.

I didn't go to my usual Kroger. The sales weren't that great this week. So, I went to Harris Teeter (HT) instead. I did all of my shopping and I got into the cashier line. The woman rings it up and what do you know, the cashier says she may not be able to take them as they are going to start limiting internet coupons. WTH? I mean, where are the coupons going to come from if not in the paper anymore? Duh, HT, they are going to come from the internet!! So now they are going to limit those too? The manager told her to go ahead and ring all of them up. Close call. They never did tell me the exact number limit but I guess my order didn't reach it. I had twelve.

Anyway...

I scored some really great buys at Harris Teeter. I kind of thought that place was unnecessarily expensive but clearly, I am wrong!! You just have to stick to the list and be REALLY strict about it.

Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergent for $2 ea.
Progresso Soup for just 40 cents ea.
Fiber One Cereal (this stuff is not cheap!) for just 50 cents ea.
Smart Balance Popcorn $1
Delmonte Low Sodium Vegetable, FREE
and of course
MORE FREE TOOTHPASTE. We are now good on toothpaste until 2011 (when they expire).

I hope y'all are having good days out there!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger MC95 said...

in NC, we always had the Winn Dixie, HT debate. If my mom had a good job, it was HT, otherwise it was WD.

Like all grocery stores, i think you have to chose which items to buy where based on their propensity to gouge sporadically.

February 19, 2009 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Aliceson said...

Semi-related: We were watching Wheel of Faortune tonight while cleaning up dinner and the final puzzle was DOUBLE COUPONS, the guy lost. As the letters filled in on the screen he said "My wife's gonna kill me." I thought of you.

February 19, 2009 at 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I have never found coupons like that! I live in a small town so I wonder if they would even work in our local stores...all we have is a Safeway.

February 23, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home