Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bedroom Makeover

I think at one point I promised to post after pics of our bedroom "makeover". Makeover is sort of an exaggeration in that the makeover only involved adding paint color to the walls.

White walls are OK, but I love a little color to make the architectural details stand out. Our new wall color is neutral and calming. The walls are still barren and in need of some artwork.

You may note that Nick has twenty receipts on his night stand, I need to dust, and the bed isn't perfectly made, but to remove the receipts, dust, and make the bed properly would well, be a lie of sorts. Truth is, most days the bed never even gets made, and if it does, it looks like this. This was how I made it this morning before I thought I should take a picture of it.

One other minor thing we did do for the makeover was move some furniture into the bedroom. Our bedroom is unnecessarily large. Honestly, it's the biggest waste of space in the house. To make the best of it Nick and I put a chair-and-a-half in the space to cozy it up a little bit and make it not seem so darn large and empty. I've always preferred small and cozy to a big empty void but I suppose this will do. With this new cozy spot we've incorporated, I'm looking forward to many nights snuggling up together on our comfy chair just big enough for the two of us in our little sanctuary.

-M

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Aliceson said...

Looks great!

March 6, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home