Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Shallot Harvest!!

Some Hanging Shallots in My Pantry

I just couldn't wait for my shallots to come in this year just to try this delicious recipe for a roasted shallot vinaigrette dressing. Nothing beats fresh, homemade salad dressing.  This particular recipe has only 5 ingredients, olive oil, pan roasted shallots, vinegar and salt and pepper. The simplest recipes are almost always the best.  Shallots have such a wonderful, sweet, distinctive flavor that I just love and a small shallot goes a long way as far as flavor. Last night, I drizzled the dressing over my grape tomatoes which I halved.  It was one word: phenomenal!  I can't wait to try it again over top some of home grown mesclun greens with a little feta and some roasted pecans this weekend.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Aliceson said...

Yumm!

June 24, 2010 at 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home